You can add evidence over time - it does not need to be uploaded within the same session. When you enter or upload evidence, your evidence is saved and will display when you close and return to the micro-credential. BloomBoard supports uploads of images, video files, PDFs, slide shows, documents and more.
If you are ready to submit your evidence for assessment, see this article to learn how.
Enter and upload evidence
- In your learning pathway, click the micro-credential you wish to apply for.
To learn how to choose a micro-credential, see this article.
- Scroll to the submission parts.
- Click the arrow to the right of a submission part.
- Under the requirement directions, find the I'm ready to upload evidence tab.
You may need to click the tab to open it.
- Type or paste written evidence in the text field. Use the counter in the bottom right to track your word count.
- Upload files by clicking Upload Files.
- In the Select files to Upload window that displays, select your evidence location from the left pane (My device, Dropbox, OneDrive or Box).
Note: When you upload from Dropbox, OneDrive or Box for the first time, you will need to authenticate your account by giving filestack access to the files.
- Select evidence files.
When you select files from Dropbox, you must click the View/Edit Selected button in the lower right corner to finish selecting them.
- Continue to select files from other folders, if needed.
You can also use the left pane to switch among evidence locations (My Computer or Dropbox).
- When you're ready to upload the selected files, click Upload in the lower right corner. The button text displays the total number of files selected across all locations.
Edit or delete evidence
- To edit a text entry, click in the text field and make edits.
Text entries and edits save automatically after a few seconds of inactivity, but you can also click the Save button in the lower right.
- To delete uploaded files, click the red x to the right of the file's tile.
The file is removed immediately.