When reviewing the requirements for the unit you are working on, it is important to note the maximum length and/or maximum annotated time for your uploaded video.
Record a video
- For questions about enabling your camera and microphone while using Google Chrome.
- For questions about enabling your camera and microphone while using Firefox.
Record an audio file
Edit an image file you are uploading
Record a Screencast
Accepted File Types
|Image||jpg, jpeg, heic, gif, svg, png|
|Video||3gp, avi, m4v, mov, mp4, webm, wmv, mkv|
|Document||doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pdf, xls, xlsx, pages, odt, csv|
|Audio||aac, ac3, aif, au, flac, mp3, m4a, mpga, oga, weba, wma, wav|
Editing/screen capturing Tools
- https://www.screencastify.com/ This website can be added on Google Chrome for quick and easy screen recording.
- https://www.loom.com/ This website is a free screen capture/editing program.
- https://blog.tcea.org/free-online-screen-recorder-and-video-editor/ This website shares a free online screen recorder and video editor.
- https://www.speedofcreativity.org/2020/09/29/lesson-cast-sharing-a-class-recording-with-minimal-steps/ This page has tips to share a class recording.
- https://www.uscreen.tv/blog/how-to-combine-videos/ This blog post has several options for combining multiple videos into one file.
Apple Device Tips
- iPad https://www.speedofcreativity.org/2020/08/18/recording-and-sharing-your-ipad-with-in-person-and-remote-learning-students/ If you have an iPad, this link shares tips for recording and sharing directly from your tablet.
iMovie- https://support.apple.com/imovie If you have an Apple device, iMovie is an easy way to edit your videos.
- https://learn.solent.ac.uk/mod/book/view.php?id=370077&chapterid=163824. To compress your file in iMovie, here are some instructions.
- Use a free website to compress your file
- Try to keep your file less than 300mb
- Record in a lower quality (480p or 720p)
Please note that BloomBoard is not associated or affiliated with any of the links above.
Use at your own discretion.