Assessors and Approvers have three methods for accessing uploaded or linked evidence provided by educators.
Expand - This will open the file so it can be viewed on the platform.
Download - This will download the file so you can open it from your device.
Linked - This is a file linked to another site, such as Google Drive, that will navigate you to another website to view the evidence.
If an Assessor or Approver cannot view the evidence by either expanding the file in the platform, downloading the file or accessing a linked file, they should reach out to BloomBoard Support by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the Support widget in the bottom right corner of this page. The Assessor should include the Submission ID, a description of what they are experiencing and any relevant screenshots.
Common Issues and Possible Solutions
If the file will not expand in the platform, try downloading the file to access.
If the formatting of an expanded file seems problematic, try downloading the file to access to view the intended formatting by the educator. This can be helpful for spreadsheets and tables.
If a linked file takes you to a broken URL, leave that as part of your feedback for the educator so that the educator can update the URL before resubmitting.
If a linked file takes you to a website that asks you to log in to have permission to view, leave that as part of your feedback for the educator so that the educator can update before resubmitting.
If a Google Drive file has not been appropriately shared, you can leave the following directions as part of your feedback for the educator:
- You will need to adjust the files settings so that anyone with the link can view your Google file. Follow the steps below to adjust the permissions on a Google document:
- Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- In the top right corner, click Share.
- Click Advanced in the bottom right of the pop-out box, then Change in blue.
- Select On - Anyone with the link and Can view under Access.
- Copy and paste the shareable link within your submission.