When reviewing the requirements for the micro-credential you are working on, it is important to note the maximum length or maximum annotated time. The timestamp annotation tool should be used to indicate what the Assessment Team should view.
Record a video
Record an audio file
Edit an image file you are uploading
Record a Screencast
Accepted File Types
|Image||jpg, jpeg, heic, gif, svg, png|
|Video||3gp, avi, m4v, mov, mp4, webm, wmv, mkv|
|Document||doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pdf, xls, xlsx, pages, odt, csv|
|Audio||aac, ac3, aif, au, flac, mp3, m4a, mpga, oga, weba, wma, wav|
Editing/screen capturing Tools
- https://www.screencastify.com/ This website can be added on Google Chrome for quick and easy screen recording.
- https://www.loom.com/ This website is a free screen capture/editing program.
- https://blog.tcea.org/free-online-screen-recorder-and-video-editor/ This website shares a free online screen recorder and video editor.
- https://www.speedofcreativity.org/2020/09/29/lesson-cast-sharing-a-class-recording-with-minimal-steps/ This page has tips to share a class recording.
- https://www.uscreen.tv/blog/how-to-combine-videos/ This blog post has several options for combining multiple videos into one file.
Apple Device Tips
- iPad https://www.speedofcreativity.org/2020/08/18/recording-and-sharing-your-ipad-with-in-person-and-remote-learning-students/ If you have an iPad, this link shares tips for recording and sharing directly from your tablet.
iMovie- https://support.apple.com/imovie If you have an Apple device, iMovie is an easy way to edit your videos.
- https://learn.solent.ac.uk/mod/book/view.php?id=370077&chapterid=163824. To compress your file in iMovie, here are some instructions.
- Use a free website to compress your file
- Try to keep your file less than 300mb
- Record in a lower quality (480p or 720p)
Please note that BloomBoard is not associated or affiliated with any of the links above.
Use at your own discretion.