The BloomBoard Assessment Team strives to assess submissions within a 5-business-day assessment window and currently achieves that goal with 97% efficiency.
Please note, if you are completing courses through a university partner, please reach out to your assigned faculty member for questions regarding the expected time frame for review.
Once a participant has submitted evidence through the BloomBoard platform, the submission is given an ID number to maintain anonymity and placed in a queue for review.
The submission evidence is pre-assessed within 1 business day after submission.
- The pre-assessor conducts a review of the evidence against the pre-assessment completion criteria to ensure all artifacts have been completed.
- If the portfolio is complete the portfolio moves forward to a team of 2 assessors.
- If the portfolio is not yet complete it is returned to the user with constructive feedback and the portfolio is not assessed for competency.
The 5-business-day assessment window begins the next business day after the participant’s submission has been received.
- To illustrate, for a submission received on Friday, August 6th, the assessment window begins on Monday, August 9th. In this example, the assessment should be completed by the end of business on Friday, August 13th.
Some circumstances may cause a slight delay in the assessment time frame, including, but are not limited to:
- Holiday closures
- If a submission is one of the first 10 received for a newly released micro-credential.
- If possible duplicate evidence has been found within a submission.
For additional information on the Assessment Process, please refer to the Micro-credential Assessment Overview support article.
For questions regarding the status of your submission please email email@example.com.